- 1 cup lentils Voion
- 1 large lemon, squeezed and grated
- 2-3 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- A pinch of salt, great
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 carrots, cut into small cubes
- 2 celery, cut into small cubes
- Kalamata olives, a handful, finely chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into small cubes
- 110 g Feta cheese, crushed
Mediterranean salad with lentils
In a saucepan add 3 cups water and lentils. Cook the mixture for 10 minutes and then turn off the heat and let them sit for a few minutes so that they absorb some more water.
Strain the lentils very well and place them in a large serving bowl.
Add the zest and lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper and mix.
Try the mixture and if necessary add a little more salt and / or pepper and then let the mixture cool. If you want you can put it in the fridge, but as long as you have put the lemon and extra virgin olive oil while the lentils are still hot, so that they absorb the aromas.
Add the chopped carrots, celery and olives and mix well. If you plan to serve immediately, add the cucumber with the feta, otherwise add them just before serving.