- 250 γρ. φασόλια μαυρομάτικα Voion
- 1 kg of spinach, washed and coarsely chopped (either we buy about 1½ kg, because during cleaning it has pulp, or we get it ready, cleaned and washed, in a bag in the refrigerators of the supermarkets)
- the white and tender green part of 1 leek, cut into thin slices
- the white and tender green part of 2 - 3 spring onions, in slices, or 1 onion, in small frames
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 soup spoon tomato paste
- 20 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1/2 bunch dill (without the thick stalks), finely chopped
- 40 ml lemon juice
- salt, freshly ground pepper
In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and sauté the leeks with the onions and carrot for 2-3 minutes, until soft.
Add the black eyes and continue sautéing for 1-2 minutes. Add the pulp and the cherry tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
Pour hot water until the beans are covered, and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
Add the spinach and stir for about 1-2 minutes, until it withers. Lower the temperature, cover the pot and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the food is done and left with its oil.
Finally, add the dill and lemon juice, shake the pot and remove from the heat.