Lentil velvet with smoked mackerel and onions
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 500 gr. small lentils Voion
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1 laurel leaf
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add the onion and the whole garlic cloves. Leave them on a medium heat for 6΄-8΄, until the onion becomes transparent. Add the carrot, lentils and tomato paste. Stir and grate the pulp in the pot, to cook and smell nice
- Add the bay leaf and children to separate the ingredients (to require 3-4 cm from their forearm). We cover it and let it simmer for every 45΄ (depends on how much time need the legumes to be boiled). To the result of boiling, season with salt and pepper. Add the vinegar and mix well. Cell phase the soup must be thick.
- Grind the soup with the rod or in the blender. For a softer texture we can strain it into a fine sieve. If the velvet is very thick, dilute it with a little warm water. If it is thin, let it simmer until it reaches the density we want.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and leave the onions on a medium heat to become transparent, stirring regularly. Add the capers, stir and remove. Sprinkle with parsley. Distribute the velvet in deep dishes and garnish with pieces of smoked mackerel and caramelized onions. Serve the velvet on plates and sprinkle with a little olive oil.