- 1 pack Voion mixed legumes (mixed pulses for soup)
- 2 dry onions
- 2 leeks
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 hot pepper optional few sprigs of celery
- lemon for serving
- First put the mixed legumes in a pot.
- Add 2.5 liters of water and boil for about 1 hour, on medium heat.
- Whenever necessary we skim. Depending on the variety of legumes that the legume contains, the dark color varies.
- If additional water is needed, we will only add hot water from the kettle.
- Chop all the vegetables. Hot pepper is optional.
- Add all the vegetables to the half-boiled legumes and boil the soup for an additional 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper towards the end and pour over the olive oil.
- Let it boil for an additional 10 minutes, until it curdles and thickens.
- In the end you will have a thick, dense soup.
Serve the legumes hot with fresh bread and olives, for a vegetarian or fasting meal.
Adding rice to the legume will boost the nutritional value of the dish. An ideal choice for those who exercise but also those who want to have a balanced diet.
Add 1 cup of brown rice in the last quarter of the boil. Plain or brown rice for a healthier diet.
For faster cooking, soak the beans the night before.
You can make a red bean paste by adding 1 tablespoon of tomato paste or tomato con case.